Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
bandsaw, but during childrens hour on tv I cut three pieces with a
couple of japanese hand saws - in the pic you can see them laminated
together lengthwise. And I finished shaping the braces and the bridge
patch, so I glued the sides to the top.
It's a wound no-name string, probably C. And as I was wrapping the
string it struck me that I forgot to put a dozen small screws around
the edge of the solera... I will do that before fitting the back.
I think progress has been good this week. Hopefully I can get the neck
going during the weekend.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
up". But it struck me that it would be easier to shape together with
the sides if it would have been turned 90 degrees. Must ask about this
on some forums.
You can see the scorching on the side to the left, or if it is a
miscolouring from the metal on my bending form.
And I need to decide if the lining and braces should be from the same
board, or if bass wood and spruce are better.
scorched on the inside. This surprised me as the heat blanket was on
top. But it is possible to sand so now I've cut the sides and aim for
glueing the blocks after the kids have gone to sleep. Or maybe tomorrow.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
second decent one with 1.4 mm (bent with the wrong side out though!),
and the third piece that I'm gonna bend tonight. I had to wrap the wet
wood in tin foil to stop it from drying out too quickly during the