Saturday, December 6, 2008
So it's done! It could use a couple of layers of extra oil, and the frets need crowning (that means I need a new tool!), but I am really really proud.
It sounds awesome. Maybe I should find a way to post some soundclips.
Friday, December 5, 2008
An old c-clamp was suitable as bridge clamp. Also the reamer through
headstock. I'm in a hurry as Jukka and a few others are coming by
tomorrow. It would be sweet if it was nearly done by then.
Must find the oil!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
cut was 1.2 mm. So I took the 1 mm blade and went with bar frets. It
worked like å charm - the slotting jig, the fretting, the shaping of
the ends, and the glue-up. This is a pic of the dry run, without
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
what I'll see through the soundhole once I get the chance to look.
Could be a small mess in there.
I'm considering a jatoba fretboard. A dense and quite heavy wood of
almost the same colour as the rest.
day of this build. I put the neck and back braces on, but forgot to
take pics. Now I'm getting ready to put the back on, then it's