I removed that tonight, cleaned out the channel and now I'm making a multi layered wood binding. It'd better be good.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Hard work I tell you! But they are done. Maybe one of them needs a bit of tweaking at the bridge, but I don't have to ship that one until maybe wednesday.
And these were made for having some stock. But they're all sold now.
I started on three more this morning.
And yes, one is pink. It's for Aya, and I do hope it's the right nuance.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
I will try them out right away, and tell you how it goes.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Monday, June 6, 2011
Anyway, you can see some of the mahogany (2 or 3 sets), a load of really wide cherry boards, and some ash I thought was long gone. It comes from the same tree that provided the wood for the wedding uke I gave to Jukka and Aya. Next ash uke will get a cedar neck though, I couldn't get a neck blank out of it.
And I got some juniper fretboard and bridge blanks, it'll be fun to try.
I doubt you can see the scribbling, but it will be cut into at least seven sets of various sizes.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
But after half an hour we had all parts, and now the glue is setting. I plan to seal the inside surface with some epoxy to secure it against moisture and wear.