Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Cherry uke for Jon, progress

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cherry uke for Jon, progress

I decided that I wanted to try a carbon fibre rod in the neck, even though the lamination makes it strong enough. But then I wondered how I would drill for the barrel bolt if the carbon rod was there. So I used two instead and the bolt goes between them.

The neck is attached and the fretboard is planed. Maybe things will be moving along fast. Or maybe the day job will almost kill me with all the stuff I need to do before christmas.

3 comments:

Howlin' Hobbit said...

Dave Means of Glyph Ukuleles only uses one carbon fiber rod and his necks are attached with a fancy bolt.

if you get in touch with him, I'm pretty sure he'll turn you on to whatever secret juju is required. he's an awesome fella.

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

Thanks man! I feel there is an obvious solution that somehow escapes me.

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

I happened to have a pic of Dave's method, from when he made a uke for a friend of mine. I saw that he put the barrel bolt in place and then göued in the rod across its hole. As I said, an obvious solution...