Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Argapa number 70

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Argapa number 70


Here it is, the koa soprano that is the 70th ukulele I've built. This one is for a childhood friend and I am really pleased with the result. 


The neck is sapele, it goes well with the koa but was more difficult to carve than mahogany. You might guess I'm pleased with the finish!


The fretboard end looks a bit ragged doesn't it? I winged it because I was a wee bit tired of my usual style. If you think it's bad, you ain't seen nothing yet!


Go on, we all know ukes look like this after you've opened a few beers with them. I thought it was a brilliant idea to make it jagged from the start. 


Well at least the bridge is clean as always. 




No comments: