Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: A couple more projects

Sunday, June 25, 2017

A couple more projects

The first of the koa sopranos is coming along. The second will take a break for now, I was thinking only one project would be good for me now.

But then my boy wants a miniature guitar, after seeing a guitalele in a store. And my friend challenged me to build a cavaquinho. And I saw a super compact travel model uke and I want one. 

So we picked out some walnut for the sides and backs for the guitar and the 'quinho, and split it in three pieces so we have one spare. My condition for building the guitar was, predictably, that Johan would assist me at every stage. Here he works the kerfing plane. 


And here we use the frame saw - so much easier being two. Li took the pic. 


And here's the result, together with a cherry board that'll be transmogrified into a wee travel uke. 


No comments: