Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Workbench assembled

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Workbench assembled

Next post will contain an instrument, I swear! But this’ll be another one of the bench. We put the structure together and it was quite square and plumb. The long diagonals differed only a few millimetres. And it is heavy. 



Then we flipped it up onto the underside of the top, drew the mortises and chopped them. We were eager at this point, seeing the end draw closer. 



And what do you know, it fit perfectly! Makes me look tiny doesn’t it, as I sweep in the background. 



Then what I have looked forward to most of all; scrub planing the top to make sure it’s flat and with no twist. This is a modified Stanley no.4 with a heavily cambered blade and the frog backed for a large mouth opening. 



And a shot of the larger surroundings. The roof structure makes the bench look more modest I think. Next time, instruments. 




No comments: