Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Cherry sides bent

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cherry sides bent

The shop-made (ok, home-made...) bender is in the vise, and the sides
were soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes and bent one at the
time with my small heating blanket. I had it made to my specs as my
larger one was to big for my soprano mold. Rather cheap, and it works
with a voltage regulator my father-in-law made for me from some
"tyristor control unit" that was made for a lamp.

And for the first time I prepared myself thouroughly. I marked the
wood with the word IN on the proper side, measured and marked out the
waist line, soaked the wood, wrapped it in tin foil and made sure the
markings got on the foil as well.

And then..!

It was a piece of cake.

No comments: