Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Robin's soundboard braced

Monday, January 3, 2011

Robin's soundboard braced

Finally. I re-used the brace closest to the neck, but made a new and slightly better for the middle one. Bridge plate has the same dimensions, but I have to evaluate the need for the single racer brace that was there originally. The cedar I use this time is stiffer and might not need it.

I think I'll have to rely on Robin's tinnitus, and just tell him it sounds exactly the same as before.

2 comments:

Baron said...

Looking good already! But the single racer brace didn't help at all when I fell on it... And as long as it sounds like a fun little toy guitar I'm happy.

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

I'll put in a two by four soundpost standing between top and back. Of course. And I'll buy you a push chair.