Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Cherry soprano done

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cherry soprano done

After playing it for a few days I can finally say it's done. It plays very well and is both loud and sweet sounding. The neck has a pin stripe lamination and a carbon fibre reinforcement, probably making it my stiffest yet, unnecessarily strong.

It has its small share of dings and nicks from building of course, as does all of my ukes. A minor discount will be made I think. But I am very pleased with it - if it hadn't been re-ordered I'd have kept it myself. It's the first one in quite a while that I enjoy playing as much as my own mahogany soprano (I honestly don't know if anyone else would think this to be a good thing though).

Kids permitting I'll do a video tonight.

4 comments:

Yr Fthfl Blggr said...

That is very beautiful. The cherry is just gorgeous. I love the lamination on the neck.

I see you have a price list. I am saving up kronor!

Anonymous said...

wonderful news Sven. Very encouraged that you're so pleased with the result mate.

frances said...

This is really cool! Do you sell the ones you make? and if so, do you also have custom orders?

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

Yup, I sell them. Otherwise they would just pile up around here. Most of them are made to order, semi-custom you might say since I can't cater to all wishes.

Jon - I'll email you.