Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Improvising a bridge clamp

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Improvising a bridge clamp

I continue to rush the small guitar towards a level resemblant to completion. Rush is, of course, hardly the word that would come to anyone's mind. But between other obligations and projects (you can see our wood fired pizza oven to the left of Li's head!), I do my best. 

Today the bridge went on. But I had no clamp with a deep enough reach. So I made a c-shaped piece of plywood, three wedges and another straight piece. 

In the first pic you see them around the guitar, in the second you see the whole assembly. It's not perfect but the concept could be worth developing. 


4 comments:

Brian Newman said...

Screw the instruments! What about this pizza oven? I love pizza!

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

Come on over oafy, I'll make you one! Discount given on first [very small] beer.

Brian Newman said...

Small beers are an abomination of nature.

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

As are you, my fine fellow. As are you.