Thursday, April 3, 2014
Progress on scattered projects
Between tool making and upgrading jigs I've managed to finish the necks for the zero sanding piccolos, and to glue the sides on the resonator I'm making for my mate Andy.
In the first pic you can see the back braces fitted in one of the piccolos.
I do it like this because it works for me. I've heard of others putting the back braces in before the back, but I can't really remember where.
Second pic shows the clad reso, and two small bench hooks. Build these! They are an amazing asset for working with small parts. But build a wide one and cleave it into two, I made mine separately and it was quite tough to match them afterwards. I admit things like this in an effort to help others but I know it makes me seem daft.