Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Bridges on piccolos

Monday, March 16, 2015

Bridges on piccolos

Yesterday, after returning from the Middle East, I started making the bridges for the piccolos in progress. Actually I finished fretting them before, but didn't blog about it. 

I found a small length of very rough bridge blank in the piles and started planing. The neck angle and the dome of the soundboard was identical on both ukes so I set out on a double length piece. 


Flip and continue...


After progressing to smaller planes (equivalent of "going through the grits" for those who prefer sandpaper) I had the profile and the height. The bottom will  be concave to match the top so I have an extra millimetre still. Cutting time. 


Then the top edge is carved for compensation. Here is what it looked like this morning. You can see the frets too. 



Post a Comment