Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Luthier on the run

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Luthier on the run

Believe it or not, even your favourite hardest working luthier needs a break now and then. So I packed a case with three ukes and went to Italy via Paris. In Paris I was invited to a uke jam in the 11th arrondissement, first pic shows the ukes putside the pub. 



I played alongside a pretty stern and extremely loud gentleman, so that was three traits we didn’t share. I’m lax, quiet and no gentleman. They went through songs as if there was no tomorrow, never pausing for beer. It was unlike any gathering I’ve been to. 



And here’s the view of today. The pool, the crossword, the fugly wanderer and the insane mountain behind it all. I’ll see how long I can lie flat before looking for the tool store. 



Bonus pic: in Paris I was happy to learn they really care for their metal heads. This is the Maison des Metallos, surely a home for worn out headbangers where they can be fed diluted beer and Carcass on low volume. 




No comments: