Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Rapid progress on the piccolo

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Rapid progress on the piccolo

Wednesday morning and we have moved on quite a lot. In the first pic I trim the overhanging top edge with a wide chisel, I never use a router for this. 



Moving on to the profile, I make the piccolos with a drastically curved back and take a shortcut getting there by hogging off the bulk with a Japanese saw. 



Then I refine the curve on a curved sanding dish with 40 grit paper. 



Kerfed lining strips in place, check for gaps and squeeze out with a mirror. 



And I work faster than I take the pics. Here the neck is aligned and bolted in place. 



And as it turns out, not that wonky at all!



This morning I prepared the back braces. The are wedge shaped in cross section and I make cuts in the kerfing to house them. 



And they were glued in place before I went to work. What’ll happen this evening? Will I fit the back?




No comments: