Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: New bridge, pt. 2

Friday, March 4, 2022

New bridge, pt. 2

Hi there. The work done in this post was actually made a couple of weeks back, but I never got around to posting it. Sorry about that. 

With the new bridge sort of done I need to remove the old one. It’s cracked and it’s a bit shit so no big loss. To heat it I’ll use a clothes iron but it will be much easier if the bridge is thinner, and flat. So I planed it down with my Veritas apron plane. 



Trying to protect the lacquer from the heat with some aluminium foil, I went at it. It was sort of easy. 



As you can see it came off pretty cleanly, but I’ll have to clean the surface before glueing the new one on. 



Here I’m checking the scale length to make sure the saddle will fit, and it will. I’ll route the slot in situ last. 



But look at this chewed-up bridgeplate. Reaching in with my phone camera told me we’ll have to fix that. Stay tuned. 




No comments: