Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: A koa soprano gaining momentum

Friday, January 31, 2014

A koa soprano gaining momentum

Since the two piccolos have shifted into the finishing stage, I pressed on a bit with the new koa soprano I'm making for a childhood friend. 


I made a black rosette with my cutter from Micheal Connor, the master tool maker. 


The rosette is glued, levelled and the soundhole cut. And the plates sawn to shape. 


I glued in the neck block, the linings and then made spreader clamps for the mold. It's almost embarassing to admit, but I've used make shift, very bad spreaders until now. But no more, these are rock solid. 


Did I mention I braced the top and put the bridge patch on? I did, and then I shaped the braces. 


Shavings!



No comments: