Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: On the road again

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

On the road again

Vacation continues, and so does the hard work. I’ve gone south to the next cottage and I brought a field kit of tools and a half finished piccolo. 



But there’s always something I forget to bring. Remember the button fret markers last summer? Well this year I forgot the 1.6 mm styrene rod I use to make fret marker dots on the piccolos. I searched around and found this plastic paper clip which will have to do. 



With the sourdough festering in the background I drilled and filled the holes. 



Then I used my fret slot cutting jig to make the slots. I need to make a new one soon, this one has been around for a fair bit of time now. 



The nut location is determined by the first slot. I use a sharp chisel to create a ledge for the nut. 

There has been more progress but I’ll put that in the next post. 




No comments: