Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Slow but unsteady

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Slow but unsteady

We’re having the worst heatwave I can remember. I have to stay in the shade and take it as easy as possible. But I made the bridge (twice) and glued it on (twice). I started finishing (twice) and stripped off the finish (once). 



And I made the six holes and reamed them for the set of Wittner Fein tuners I got from Germany. More about them later. 



And I took my Dobro tenor guitar apart to service it some. I wanted to make a bone nut and try different strings. Now it sounds better but I might change the strings to get a wee bit more tension on the cone. 



Here’s the saddle slot in the spider, it was super rough so I trued it up and recessed the screw. 




No comments: