Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Back in shellac

Monday, May 19, 2014

Back in shellac

After a week in the Middle East I took the zs piccolos down from their hooks. The morning I left I put another, rather heavy, coat of shellac on and now it was completely dry. Or at least dry enough to continue, some say shellac takes years to fully harden. 

Scraping the surface smooth (remember, no sandpaper) I got it level and dull. I seldom remove this much but this was applied thicker than usual. I figure the last coats will go on with the muneca and they are of course smoother right away. 


And then it was time to go to work, right? Well think again and start thinking like me. I couldn't stop me from a quick coat on the backs and necks, just to get it underway. 


Shellac is pure fun. Takes a lot of practice though. 


No comments: