Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: On the subject of pores

Thursday, May 28, 2015

On the subject of pores

I'm on the fence about going for a flat shiny finish, or a shiny finish with semi filled pores. A flat finish could quite easily be achieved by rubbing with powdered chalk, my alternative to pumice. But the nooks and corners are hard to get to and might be more visible against an otherwise flat surface. Oh well, pics will show this better won't they. 


As it was this morning. 


You can see the subtle V-shape of the neck which I now prefer. 

And then a couple of close ups in an attempt to show you the pores. They are a bit more visible in reality. 



What do you think? Beautiful enough? Or should I go for a more professional job on this one. I honestly don't know what I prefer anymore. 




No comments: