Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Bridge made with handtools

Monday, November 11, 2019

Bridge made with handtools

I found a scrap piece of rosewood and decided to shape it with only hand tools. So I cut it to rough dimensions. 



And planed it flat. It’s no use trying a smaller plane for smaller pieces, I prefer a hefty one. 



The tricky part is cutting the saddle slot. Normally I do this on the small table saw but hey, it’s in a cupboard and takes a while to set up. Instead I use my wee model maker’s saw. 



Two cuts and then I remove the waste between them. 



Since the soundboard is domed I need to shape the underside of the bridge to match it. I use a scraper for this, and check often to make sure it fits. 



And it’s in place. The guitar string goes through two tiny holes in the slots and down through the top to prevent slipping. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! It would be nice if we can be in touch, this is my Insta http://www.instagram.com/ansaldoflor y mi Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/musicandome I am an ukulele teacher, and create tutorials and playalongs. A big hug from Argentina