Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Resawing and preparing wood for another reso

Monday, July 27, 2020

Resawing and preparing wood for another reso

I am getting ready to make a resonator for a nice bloke in Scotland. I asked what woods he fancied and he said I could choose whatever I wanted to build of. 

So I found this very nice scrap piece of floor board, with a very nice grain. 



After planing in the machine planer I ripped it on the table saw. On one side of the core I got the piece for the rim, on the other it eas wide enough to get halves for the top and bottom. 



But the home made drive belt for the bandsaw gave up as I was starting to resaw it. Lucky me then, having the newly restored rip saw at hand. It cut fast and straight. 

Note the moxon vise, I made it the other day. 



Here it is. The ends closest to the camera is the ten centimeters cut by the bandsaw. 



After laying out with a template to choose what parts to use I cut them to length. 



I planed the edges and glued the parts up with the tape method. This’ll be fun. I hope the spruce bends ok, for the rim. 




No comments: