Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Tops on resos and the soprano

Monday, September 21, 2020

Tops on resos and the soprano

First pic shows the epoxy goo holding the mesh in place. Not pretty, I know, but it is the mist effective way I’ve come up with. 



Glue goes on using the rubber roller. Titebond has a great open time but I could use a faster glue since I have the cleats around the perimeter to locate everything perfectly. 



I glue both at the same time so they act as the perfect cauls. In between is a thin layer of foam material to even out the pressure. 



Then I started with a rosette for Li’s new soprano. Once again I whip out the rosette cutter, you know how I feel about it by now. 



I chose black - wood - black, with the wood in the middle being mahogany just like the body. Turned out really nice and subtle. 



And cutting out the hole once the rosette is scraped down. 



The bridge patch, also mahogany, is glued on the solera to give the top the desired arch. 



More to come! Right now I’m building faster than I’m blogging.

No comments: