Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Fretboard ends

Monday, November 30, 2020

Fretboard ends

Hi gang! (Both of you.) I have been busy on many weekends since it’s hunting season in Sweden, but some progress is made. Li really liked the concept I use for the fretboard ends on resos, so she ordered a similar style for her soprano. In the pic I’m roughing out the shape with a coping saw. 



And the end result*.



The walnut fretboard of the tenor wanted a wee slope on the middle part. Would you believe I’m just now getting used to files? After more than 40 years of neglect and lack of respect. 



I place fret dot markers, and let two of the rods go through and into the neck to stop the fretboard from sliding around when I glue it in place. 



*The pun is always intended. And often arrived at after hard work and deliberation. 

1 comment:

Slapheid said...

Hunting season open here in Scotland too, unlike the pubs and bars! Perhaps I can bag a haggis for supper.

Really enjoying the updates Sven, keep the puns coming, I always uke forward to them .....

Hmmm needs work, I'll leave the puns and indeed luthier work to you.

Cheers