Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Prögress as prömised

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Prögress as prömised

Before noon the front porch lies in shadow, which is perfect for me. I can’t stand the sun. 

I started out by planing the sides with my Veritas apron plane. When it’s sharp and well set up it’s a remarkable tool. 



The same plane handles the endgrain nicely. The clamping method was ok but the available bit of railing was a bit rickety. 



Taking down the edges of the neck with a sharp Mora carving knife…



… and smoothing out the back of the neck with an Ibex thumb plane. 



I check the width and taper with the fret slotting jig, in the pic it’s more or less ready for the next step which will be a few coats of shellac on the neck before slotting. 



I hope you catch the scenic backgrounds even though I try to keep my less industrious relatives out of focus. 

No comments: